Okay, so I keep thinking to myself, I don't have time to "blog." I have other things to do...I will remember all the "little" things that my kids do to make me laugh or even cry. But, I am realizing with each passing day, I am forgetting the things that I want to remember. As life becomes more and more hectic, I cannot keep these memories inside. Here we go:
Yesterday was Luke's turn to visit the dr. He was running a low grade fever off and on since Thursday. I thought he was teething due to the constant drool! However after a quick exam, the dr said he had a double ear infection and wanted to have a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia. ??? We went ahead with the x-ray and thankfully we are good to go. He is however on a breathing treatment for the next 10 days along with the antibiotic for the ears. We are hoping for an easy winter free of anymore ear infections.
So, last night I set my alarm for 1:30 for the 2nd breathing treatment. Got the meds and geared myself up after 3 hours sleep. The treatment was quick and I was back to the couch at 2:30. At 2:45, Brooke woke up crying and continued to do so for the next 1/2 hour. With talking in between - even "Crackery" (Zachary) over and over. We knew she was okay, just wouldn't fall back to sleep. Chad went to get her at 3:15 and I tried laying with her on my chest on the couch for the next 1 and 1/2 hours. She would get down, play a little, poke me and say "mommy" - I just kept thinking that I needed sleep. This is not what my dr ordered for my cold - I needed rest. I finally closed my eyes thinking she would get the hint. At this point in time, she grabbed my nose and said, "honk honk!" She is so darn funny, I couldn't help it. I couldn't be mad, I love her with my whole heart and she just simply wasn't tired. At 4:30, Chad rescued me and I crawled into bed for an hour nap while he got ready for work and did his morning chores around the kitchen. I thank God for him!
Miss Brooke was tired today but managed to make it without being crabby. She did try to pull a fast one on Mawmaw at breakfast, but mawmaw didn't let her get away with it and Brooke is sleeping soundly now! I know how lucky we've been to have them sleeping through the night since June of 2008, but 3 hours + 1 nap - just doesn't make a happy teacher at school.
Here is our little darling, trying to nap during breakfast!
No comments:
Post a Comment