Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happenings

This past weekend was beautiful and we spent a lot of time outside enjoying the warm weather. It was definitely something to enjoy since this doesn't happen often in November. We raked leaves on Saturday and then played at Lincoln park on Sunday. We weren't quite finished with being outside, so we decided to blow bubbles for awhile. The joy they get from bubbles is amazing!



We paid the price for such nice weather though. This morning was a morning full of green snotty noses and crabbiness. Nana went shopping with us and on the way we called our pediatrician to see if we could get in. At our appointment, she informed us that Luke has yet another ear infection in his left ear (the 2nd one in a month), Zach has an ear infection in his right ear, and Brooke is okay so far, just has a head full! Hopefully the antibiotics will clear things up and they will be good in time for Uncle Blake's wedding this weekend!

The kids were playing tonight and Luke was so crabby - just not like himself. I felt so bad for him, I picked him up, carried him like a baby into our bedroom, and sang quietly to him. As I was doing this, I realized it is something I don't do often enough - with any of them. My babies are growing up and I am going to miss this one day. I started tearing up when I thought back to how often I used to do this and enjoy it because I had waited so long for these precious gifts and God had given me three babies to love. Sometimes, we just get so wrapped up in every day life, that we don't stop to enjoy what is in front of us. I made a promise to myself to remember this and to continue making special time like this with each of the kids before they are all grown up and don't want to be held and cuddled with anymore.

No comments: