Thursday, December 31, 2009

The end of a decade

Ten years ago ushered in 2000! What a celebration it was. I was in my first year of teaching, was newly engaged, and had so much to hope and so many dreams ahead. Who would have guessed how many mountains would be climbed or how many valleys I would have fallen into during the 10 years that would follow. I remember the town's celebration that closed down the Main Street in Red Bud. The tents that lined the street and the lights blazing against the midnight sky as everyone tooted their horns, kissed each other, and cheered in 2000! Unbelievable. And...here I sit 10 years later...at home.

And, how wonderful it is. My wonderful husband who has been by my side for the past 10 years, and my nearly 2-year-old babies sleeping peacefully in their beds - are more than I could ever hope for.

The first ten years of the 2000s were full of teaching, fun, laughter, traveling, remodeling houses, and so much more than can be written here. But those years were also filled with hurt, anger, bitterness, and even some blood and many tears. I guess it is the combination of the two over time that makes a person who they truly are. And, as fun as it was at times, and as hard as it was at other times, I'd go through it all again. I've grown as a person, as a wife, and as a mom and all the while I've come to one realization that I've learned through it all. God is always there in the good and the bad - He has a plan for us and it is up to us to put our full trust in Him, to reach out to Him, and to make Him the one focal point in our lives.

He had blessed me with my family, friends, health, and so much happiness, and for all those things I am so thankful and humbled.

So...here is to 2010, the beginning of another decade. I don't know what is in store for my family or myself, but I know God will be by our sides.

Happy New Year!

No comments: