Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Dr's Office - Two Mondays in a Row

Sunday was another day of thermometers, coughs, and sick kids. After hearing the coughing consistently I tried giving Luke some medicine. At 6:15:00 p.m. he took it and shuddered. At 6:15:15 p.m. he threw the purple liquid and his partially digested supper up on himself, the table, and ME! (That medicine went back into the cabinet immediately.) We followed up with baths and bed. Around 9:30, I went to check on Brooke who was coughing and seemed uncomfortable. I stepped into the room and quickly turned around and called for BACKUP! The smell was true to my earlier experience and I didn't want Chad to miss out on the fun. At first I thought it was Brooke, but a quick head pat from Luke proved it was him as my hand touched gooey chunks! So...I did a quick bath on him while Chad changed the sheets and got his bed ready. Thankfully, it was an uneventful night.

Monday, they all woke up with snotty noses and you guessed it...COUGHING. I called our pediatrician as soon as office hours began and got a 4:30 appointment for Luke and Brooke. After getting home from school and hearing Zach I made a quick judgment call and thought he probably needed to go as well and loaded all three into the van. The dr heard the coughing and shook her head. I knew it wasn't going to be good.

Two prescriptions, two breathing treatments, and an hour later we walked out with two sick babies on our hands. They were both diagnosed with an ear infection in the right ear and RSV. Luke also has a spot of pneumonia on his right lung. So far, Zach is clear but she said he'd probably have it in the next three days! Oh what fun to look forward too!

We've done breathing treatments round the clock for the past twenty-four hours and they are already starting to sound better. They are such troopers when dealing with the antibiotics, the nebulizer and the masks too! Now we can only hope the next 9 days of treatments will fix them and make them happier too!

Here is proof that Luke doesn't feel well. How many other two year olds will sit and stare at a wall like this for over 20 minutes?


No comments: