Monday, March 15, 2010

This...


turned into a three night hospital stay.

Shari, our sitter, called me Thursday at school as said Luke just wasn't breathing normal and thought I should call the doctor's office. I did and I was not expecting what they told me - "Get him to the ER." We took off for my "Home away from Home" where I spent the 6 weeks patiently waiting for the trio to arrive. They immediately put Luke on oxygen and gave him meds for his 102.5 fever. They started an IV and he was admitted to the hospital with RSV and was there from Thursday night until Sunday late morning. He was a sick little guy. I think somewhere in the state he was in, he sat up and in such a weak voice said, "Brooke, where are you." Made my heart break in half. He missed his sister!

He slept and slept and slept some more. On Friday evening, he ate some macaroni and cheese, some ice cream, and a french fry and even drank milk. That was progress! Saturday evening he ate more of the same and left his daddy without any food! He proved to the nurses he was ready to come home by being off his oxygen throughout the night. On Sunday he came home and what a relief that was to us all. It is very hard to be torn in two by wanting to be at home with two kids and with one sick little guy in the hospital. Thankfully the stay wasn't long and nothing too serious! We're looking forward to healthy kids around here for awhile.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Wow! Scary stuff...that RSV. Glad he's doing better. Also glad to find your blog.