They get up each morning and ask about school and their teachers, they are excited to get out of the van, run away from me, and to the classroom door, so much so that some days, I don't get kisses unless I beg at the door. I am sad to see them grow and to see their independence start to shine more and more, but at the same time, I am very happy that they are happy. I think this was the right decision for us, even though our bank account is frowning!
The first week of school was definitely a honeymoon period. The second week brought on more reality type issues:
I got a phone call at school about this one...Brooke was playing on a firetruck toy outside and slipped. She busted her lip and gum, but hardly cried at all! What a trooper!
The same day, we got this note:
Luke was bitten and he did cry, but was happy to report to us who did it, and that the child "had to sit in time out cause they was bad"!
Not to be outdone, Luke decided to retaliate and let the Biter know that he would not stand for it, so the following day, we got this:
So..the school year goes on and even though we have these notes, they don't hinder the kids' excitement about going each day! And, I'm sure there will be plenty more notes sent home over the course of their school years!
No comments:
Post a Comment