The runny noses started Saturday and the coughs on Monday. We were divvying out benadryl faster that we could say boo. (We should have taken some ourselves to help knock us out!) By Tuesday, the coughing was full blown and I was worrying because our medicinal supplies were dwindling. I went upstairs to check on the kids around 10, right before I was heading to bed. We ended up calling the doctor's exchange after I checked on them because Zach had started coughing up blood. I took my calm self to the phone and relayed the message to the person that answered. She took down the information and then said someone would call within the next hour and if not, call back. (Seriously?) So...I was heading to bed at 10 and now was going to have to wait for a phone call to see what our plan of attack was. At 10:45, the nurse called and took down even more information. I told her everything including the fact that we have triplets and their symptoms have all been the same. She told me she wanted us to start breathing treatments on all three of them. Having Zach complete 3 treatments in an hour. Now, I am a math teacher and I know that each treatment is about 20 minutes and in my head this was not faring out in my early to bed notion. Chad started Zach, finished him, I ran upstairs with the machine and started Brooke's treatment. She woke up and so did Luke. I put a smile on my face and we talked while I finished the treatment. I took the machine back downstairs, Chad did a treatment on Zach. Twenty minutes later, I had the machine in hand and was back upstairs to start Luke's treatment. We talked a little more until the treatment was finished, tucked them both in and ran the machine back down to Chad, sat on the couch and asked politely what his plan was for tomorrow. He thought Zach should stay home with him. Knowing that he was staying home and could "sleep in" I headed off to bed while he finished the last treatment and put Zach to bed. At 12:30 AM, the nice nurse from the doctors exchange called to see how they were doing. It was a good thing Chad answered because I was not feeling as nice as I was earlier when we talked! Chad got up again around 4 and did one breathing treatment on each of them. So...the rest of the week continued with more breathing treatments and trying to get as much sleep as possible. We are glad that nothing serious was wrong with Zach except a little irritation from the excessive coughing and they are all getting back to "normal."
I think due to lack of sleep, Chad has been complaining about the small amount of space he has in our bed. I take up half, Shadow takes up half of Chad's half leaving Chad with one-fourth of the bed to sleep on. We all feel really sorry for him, but I'd like him to sleep one night in Brooke's bed and then he can tell me how crowded he is in ours!
1 comment:
Lily has something going on right now too. She's had a runny nose for 2 weeks straight. I'm so sick of snot!! Luckily there's not coughing going on.
I'm going to send you an e-mail about the Benadryl. Get some rest!
Post a Comment