Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What did I just hear?

The leaves in our yard have been piling up so on Saturday I decided to bundle the kids up and take them outside with me while I raked.  It was an overall nice morning outside.  The kids played while I raked. 
What I heard shocked me...They were running around playing who knows what when I hear Zach say,  "Brook-ey, nah-nana-boo-boo, you can't catch me."  Are two year olds supposed to know this already???

Back to the leaves... When it came time to load the leaves into the garbage can, my job became more lengthy than I intended.  In comes the tres amigos!!!  I would load one garbage can full of leaves and walk it bag to the burn pile.  While I was doing this, my three "helpers" were taking leaves and pushing them into another garbage can.  They would then pull that can across the yard to an empty spot - free from leaves and dump it - meaning I would have to go and pick them up AGAIN!  The first time was cute, they were just trying to help, the second time, I was floored that they thought they were going to continue doing it this way, the third time...wait there was no third time - my back was screaming at me which resulted in me pulling the can away from thier little helping hands! 

I ran inside to get my lighter to start burning the leaves.  I explained that the fire was going to be very hot and that they had to stand far away.  They did as told and watched as I started the fire.  Very quietly and very seriously I heard Luke behind me, "Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you..."  I guess any fire reminds him of a birthday candle! 



1 comment:

Cathy said...

Too funny!!! But mommy...they are almost 3!!!