Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas

Our little town hosted it's second annual lighted parade and it did not disappoint.  Although the air is usually crisp, the atmosphere and the creative floats, make the parade something you don't want to miss. 


Daddy and his boys are bundled up and ready to enjoy the parade in their hats!


We sat on the curb in the cool night air in great anticipation.



The floats that went by were festive and full of lights. And the parade ended when the Jolly Elf himself came through:


It was fun last year and even more so this year.  I hope this is a tradition for our town and our family for many years to come!


We spent the weekend after Thanksgiving, prettying up the house for the holidays.  I used to love to decorate and went all out.  I went through a few years of bah humbugs and only put the tree up.  But...with three little people, I wanted them to see the fun.  I got out the nativities and village only to find they were wrapped in newspaper from 2006.  Oops, it had been a little longer than I thought!  The village below is special to me.  My second year of teaching is when we got married and the class gave me a surprise bridal shower.  The school house, firehouse and museum were the pieces the class gave to us and the students in my class at that time all signed the bottom of the schoolhouse.  Oh the memories - especially since that was already 10 years ago!  

We began with a stern  sweet talk about how these things were not toys and if anyone played with them, we'd have to put them back into the boxes. blah blah blah

So, the fun began:



There is so much more, and even more in the attic.  We'll attempt that another year when the are able to help haul everything down the steps with me!  I do have to say, besides the occasional touch, they've been very good about leaving everything alone.  They do love, love, love to plug everything in though.  I guess the sparkles get everyone into the holiday spirit.  We can't wait to enjoy the festivities of the rest of the holiday season!

No comments: