Sunday, December 6, 2009

Catching up...

The past week flew by. I had projects due for my master's class, papers to grade, Santa's Cottage to work at at school, and then my mommy duties. But...I just had to share this:

Cheri called me at school on Thursday. I called her back and her first words were not hello...but "I'm not qualified to watch triplets!" She then told me to sit down as she had a story for me. She was cleaning up the trays and kitchen from lunch when she realized that it was very quiet in the house. She looked in the living room and then checked our bedroom. The kids were no were to be found. As she came through the office, she noticed the bathroom (pocket) door was closed. When she went to open it, it was locked and Luke hearing her, says "Hello" in his sweet little voice! So, she knew he was in there and just had to assume the other two were since they were silent! She worked fast to get the lock apart and there they were - cleaning out the cabinet. As least they weren't drinking the water from the toilet!


Yesterday was a day to catch up around the house. I spent my time between laundry, cooking, and playing. While I was cooking, I would give the kids a taste. At one point I asked Brooke if - she liked it. MMM Good she said and ran off to play. About 5 minutes later she was back and asked me, "You like it all gone?" I guess she thought that was the name of the tuna salad I gave her!!!

Luke is really talking more and more. He is so darn cute with those big eyes. I asked him if he was hungry for breakfast and he replied..."hungy, pizza, french fries!" I love it. And, now when he shakes his head yes, his whole body wiggles as he gets so excited.

Zach has been my lovey boy lately. I just want to squeeze him. He wraps his little legs around me so tight and hangs on for dear life. Sometimes I think about everything else I have to do that can't get done while I'm holding him, but I know this phase is not going to last and I want to enjoy it while I can!

No comments: