Sunday, December 20, 2009

Just Sayin'

Listening to my kids talk is so fun now! The things they say are enough to melt my heart. Brooke is by far the most animated and has a vocabulary out of this world (for a two year old). The boys were fighting over a toy the other day. She squatted down and while pointing a finger at them, yelled, "Boys...STOP IT!" Brooke also uses her pronouns albeit incorrectly - when she wants me to pick her up she says, "Mommy hold you?" (I love it!) She also loves to sing "I love you", "Bingle Bells", the ABCs, and many more songs, put it to music and she'll sing it for you. She will also occasionally bring me a candle or lotion and say mmmm, mell it! She never ceases to amaze this mom!

Zach talks but we have a harder time understanding him. Maybe due to the fluid in his ears for the first 6 months of his life, he has had a harder time hearing different sounds? He does talk and some of his words are Marney (Barney), Money (Mommy), Addo (Shadow), and he even attempts to sing gle bells with his sister! This little guy is also the one who throws the most temper tantrums and we think it is because he has the hardest time communicating with us.

Luke has come out of his shell! My once quiet, laid back little guy, is anything but. He climbs up on furniture, is afraid of nothing (including shutting himself in dark rooms), and is VERY VOCAL these days. No is one of his favorites. He is fascinated with Barney and when the show ends, he wants the mote (remote to change the channel! It is hysterical to watch him search for his beloved mote! We also laugh when we hear him say broccoli, sing row row boat and I love you. Nana also taught him to say "what the heck." The other day riding in the van, I cleared my throat and he proceeded to follow suit. He would clear his throat and then say o heck. I was giggling so hard!

I love these kids!

No comments: