Thursday, August 5, 2010

Funnies

I love the age that the kids are right now. They are able to communicate yet still learning. The usage of pronouns is what I find the most humor in!

Luke will be looking for me and he'll go around saying, "Mommy, where are you?" When he finds me, he says, "There are you!"

Zach says, "Mommy hode you," when he wants to be held! (and yes, hode is said as spelled, with no L.)

Brooke makes me laugh every time I want her to try a new food. She'll look at it, then back at me and say, "Mommy, I can't like it!"

Recently, while driving and merging with traffic on an exit, Brooke politely told her daddy in a sweet yet sincere tone, "Buddy, slow down Buddy!" oh...we weren't able to keep a straight face on that one!

In the morning, I let them talk among themselves for awhile before I go up and get them. It cracks me up and I could listen to them for hours (if they were content that long!) Normally they call for mommy after they get bored, but this particular morning, they called for daddy. Brooke yells, "Daddy, where are you?" And then the following took place:

Luke: "Mommy, Daddy, working with the piggies."
Zach: "No, no, Lucas, daddy work with the piggies, mommy at school!"

What a joy!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Oh what joy those little ones must bring to you and your whole family! I just read your post on your "anniversary" day. Oh my, what a blessing. Who would have thought when we were teaching together that this is where we would be now. God has blessed us and I don't think either of us are about to take that for granted!!