We started Christmas at Papa Dennis' side on the 23rd. Not successful in terms of Kris Kringle. Remember this? Not even close...The jolly old elf himself found us celebrating Christmas and came in jingling his bells and ho ho hoed while his belly shook and my three wanted nothing. NOTHING. to do with him. They ever so lightly dug their tiny fingernails into our necks and held on for dear life. (Chad thinks this is the slightly sugar-coated version!)
Zach's picture doesn't even need words!
Sitting on Santa's lap was less than successful - maybe next year?
After Santa handed out some goody bags and presents, he wasn't sooo bad, Brooke didn't stick around for any longer than she needed.
We spent Christmas Eve with Nana's family. Here are the cousins
We opened presents and relaxed for awhile ...
Notice Zach in the picture - he is checking out his papa and probably wondering what the heck is going on and what did you do with my real papa?
Sometime through the night, I heard reindeer on the roof. I tip toed to the living room trying to catch Santa in the midst of his delivery, but must have just missed him. I saw this:
and quickly laid down on the couch to put the excitement in my belly to rest. I guess the anticipation of seeing the kids open their presents was getting to me because my stomach was doing all kinds of flip flops and balling up in knots. When the sun came out, I realized rather quickly that the anticipation and the feelings in my stomach were not gone, but were worse. That is when it really dawned on me - the gift that keeps on giving was upon me. UGH...........not a fun way to spend Christmas. Anyway, we made the best of it and celebrated the day together as a family.
The kids couldn't wait to open the presents that Santa left for them, but they did pause long enough for a picture.
Brooke got a baby doll that coos and sings and a dress up set. I can just hear the music as she walks down the runway at the Miss America Pagent - Here she is Miss America - for proof, just check out that crazy doo - she was one hot mess!
Luke got a Thomas the Train the moves on command when the whistle is blown. Mommy and Daddy LOVE Santa for bringing that gift. A whistle - who knew it could be so fun?!?
Zach got the "tractor-combine" he repeatedly asked for. He loved it for a whole FOUR seconds until he realized that it wasn't a tractor to ride on but one to push. Next time, he'll make sure to specify his exact wished to Santa!
After a nap, we headed out to Mama and Papa's house. It was probably not the Christmas we were all expecting since there were quite a few people sick, but the kids had a good time.
Toys, toys, and more toys were opened. Brooke got lots of baby doll necessities, Luke and Zach got a farm set, and no one went home empty handed.
We got home and everyone was tucked in bed by 8:30. I think the kids were still talking long after my eyes were closed. Around 3:30, Chad received the gift I had earlier. I hate that to think that I was the giver, but I think I was. The 26th, we spent some time at Nana and Papa's house.
Among the favorites were the toothbrushes and the comforter and sheet sets for their big girl/boy beds that are in storage!
Another Christmas come and gone, it is very hard to imagine. But, it will be remembered!







No comments:
Post a Comment